Richmond and Henrico Health Districts have created an online interest form that will help all eligible medical providers receive the COVID-19 vaccine as soon as possible. The form can be filled out by an employer of healthcare workers on behalf of their staff or by individuals who meet the qualifications. The form can be accessed at vax.rchd.com.
“We are following CDC and Virginia Department of Health’s guidance to vaccinate healthcare personnel as part of the first priority group because we rely on healthcare to diagnose and care for individuals with COVID-19 and because, by its very nature, their work may place them at greater risk of infection,” says Deputy Director of Richmond and Henrico Health Districts Dr. Melissa Viray. “This includes not just those working in hospitals, but also healthcare workers in the community. We need to make sure those individuals have access to vaccines, and this intake form can help make sure healthcare workers out in the community are able to receive the vaccine as soon as possible.”
Eligible healthcare providers who complete this form will be notified when there is a COVID-19 vaccine appointment available to them. They will be enrolled in the Vaccine Administration Management System (VAMS), the online appointment scheduling tool created by the Centers for Disease Control.
The Phase 1a group for COVID-19 vaccination includes:
- Residents of long-term care facilities
- Healthcare personnel who engage directly in the care of or have contact with patients who with confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19;
- Healthcare personnel who interact with patients who are known to be at a higher risk for COVID-19 infection or severe illness from COVID-19 infection (EMS, dialysis, residential care, etc.)
- Other healthcare employees whose work requires them to spend time in a clinical setting.
To date, Richmond and Henrico Health Districts have distributed 3,070 doses (out of the 3,600 we have received) to individuals in Phase 1a. More than 14,300 Richmond and Henrico 1a eligible residents have been vaccinated through their employers, pharmacies enrolled in the CDC’s Pharmacy Partnership for Long-Term Care, and Richmond and Henrico Health Districts.
The Richmond and Henrico Health Districts anticipate moving into Phase 1b of vaccine distribution in February. Phase 1b includes any person over the age of 75 and other frontline essential workers beyond the healthcare field including grocery store employees, police officers, firefighters, public transit workers, and people who work in the education sector (both teachers and support staff).
Anyone with questions about the COVID vaccine should contact the Richmond and Henrico COVID hotline at (804) 205-3501 Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm or email RHHDvax@vdh.virginia.gov.
Individuals outside of Richmond and Henrico should contact their local districts:
- Chesterfield: Chesterfield_Covid@vdh.virginia.gov, 804-318-8207
- Chickahominy (Goochland, New Kent, Hanover, and Charles City): firstname.lastname@example.org, 804-365-3340
- Crater (Emporia, Hopewell, Petersburg, Dinwiddie, Greensville, Prince George, Surry, and Sussex): email@example.com or 804-609-5836